CNIB is working to raise awareness about the rights of guide dog teams and the legal responsibilities of Canadian businesses.
- Guide dogs and their handlers are allowed access to any premises to which the public would normally have access. It’s the law.
- Show your support for guide dog teams in your community and become a Guide Dog Champion!
- Call 1-800-563-2642 to order your very own FREE window decal.
- Display it at your business’s storefront or checkout to show your support of guide dog teams in Canada and to raise awareness that guide dogs are legally allowed anywhere the public has access.
- Challenge other business owners in your community to become Guide Dog Champions. Speak to them about the rights of guide dog teams and encourage them to display a "Guide Dogs Welcome" decal in their storefronts.
- Print our colouring activity sheet for children or youth visiting your establishment to complete! The activity sheet features an illustrated guide dog team that can be coloured however the artist chooses, in any setting they can imagine going with their guide dog.
- Talk to your friends, family and colleagues about the rights of guide dog teams in your community.
- Print this Guide Dogs Fact Sheet and share it with your employees so they are familiar with the rights of guide dog teams and the legal responsibilities of businesses.
- Follow CNIB on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share our posts about guide dogs.
- Post a photo of your “Guide Dogs Welcome” window decal displayed in your business using the hashtag #GuideDogChampion.
- Take a photo of a guide dog team in your establishment – with their permission, of course! Share the photo using the hashtag #GuideDogChampion.
- If a guide dog team enters your establishment, ask the handler if they'd like a water bowl for their guide dog.
- Make yourself and your co-workers aware of guide dog etiquette, provincial legislation, and the difference between guide dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, and emotional support animals.