Training will be from a CNIB location close to you! Ambassador speaking opportunities occur across the region.
Contribute to increasing knowledge by educating the public about vision health, living with vision loss and CNIB programs and services; enabling Canadians impacted by blindness to live the lives they choose.
- Represent CNIB to the general public and specific audiences including community groups, corporations, schools, seniors’ centres, and vision health professionals
- Some Ambassadors may receive training and requests to give media interviews
- Share your personal experience with vision loss and CNIB’s role in your journey
- Depending on need, other tasks may include setting up displays and demonstrating technical aids
Driver and guide for ambassadors and advocates
Provide community-based support by driving volunteer ambassadors and advocates who are blind or partially sighted while travelling on CNIB business.
CNIB GTA Community Hub, 1525 Yonge Street. Toronto.
Administrative coordinator at local CNIB community hub. Be the first point of contact for guests visiting the Hub, providing information, orientation and support.
Mississauga, Ontario. 50 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W, Suite 421, Mississauga.
Oversee all aspects of operating the CNIB store in various community hubs in the region, including customer service, inventory, communicating with internal stakeholders and external vendors. Work closely with other CNIB shops to assist in customer service, inventory and stocking.
CNIB has individuals waiting for a volunteer in all areas of our region. We will work with you to find a match that is convenient for you.
Vision Mate provide community-based support through one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who is blind or partially sighted.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Regularly visit a client in his/her home or other suitable environments at a mutually convenient time
- Activities are determined by client need and mutually agreed upon
- Approved activities are: reading, organizing, walking, assisting with errands or outings, and friendly visiting