- Minimum 6-month commitment
Able to commit to a minimum of two presentations a month, these may include weekdays, evenings, and weekends, depending on the engagement
Anywhere Ambassadors are (variant throughout province)
To promote education on vision health, vision loss, and prevention. Support Ambassadors out in the community.
- Work with Ambassadors to educate the public about the CNIB Foundation programs and Vision Loss Rehabilitation services, and vision loss as a whole.
- Work with Program Lead to coordinate bookings and travel to events.
- Drive Ambassadors to engagements and return them to their homes.
- Contact Ambassadors to confirm time of pick-up and associated details.
- Set up display and demonstrate technical aids as required.
- When necessary, accompany Ambassador from the vehicle to the specific location to make sure they arrive, providing sighted guide as needed.
- Help set up and tear down any associated materials.
- Submit mileage expenses to Program Lead.
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted: Advocating and educating on behalf of those who are blind or partially sighted and making people aware of the CNIB Foundation and Vision Loss Rehabilitation services
- Develop or use experience and skills in public speaking, advocacy, and interpersonal communication
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months successful participation as a volunteer
- A belief in the mission, vision, and values of CNIB and a passion for making a difference in the vision loss community.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to drive and have strong enough mobility to support their volunteer.
- May be required to drive own vehicle (with reimbursement for mileage).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10kg.
- Candidates must attend Volunteer Orientation and they may choose to attend Ambassador training if they wish
- Minimum 18 years old.