- You will deliver Technology programs focused on providing learning opportunities in areas such as:
- Accessible features within smartphones and tablets and computer operating systems
- Helpful apps that can assist individuals who are blind or partially sighted
- How to use communication features – email, text, and other communication tools
- Awareness and education about risks of the online environment, including safety and security
- How to use cloud software including document management; training on how to store music, photos, projects for school and work
- How to become social media savvy - introduction and tips and tools on practicing and using various social media; how to create and use blogs, tweets etc. … as an expression of self and sharing
- Introduction and use of artificial intelligence devices
- You will lead and manage program evaluation
- You will work with the region's staff to help recruit, train, engage and actively manage an integrated team of volunteers who will be accountable for delivering technology programs to people who are blind.
- You will develop and foster an inclusive, empowered culture where every team member – staff and volunteer – feels their contributions towards our mission are equally valued and respected.
- You will lead by example in bringing our values to life – pushing your team to work with passion, determination, ambition and a positive spirit to change people’s lives, and society itself.
Engaging Strong Community Relationships:
- You will be a key local advocate and ambassador for CNIB, developing effective partnerships with community organizations, volunteers and others to help advance our mission in the community.
- You will build strong, positive relationships with program participants, and seek insight into their unique needs, goals and lived experiences.
- You will proactively encourage and refer program participants to take advantage of other CNIB programs and services that may benefit them, offering them opportunities to expand their support network and deepen their community engagement.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and superior interpersonal skills
- Portray the appropriate professional image
- An active member in the blindness community
- Extensive knowledge in accessibility and adaptive technology
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
- Experience in developing and delivering training workshops and presentations
- Excellent ability to teach to a wide variety of learners with varying learning needs
- Good relationship/team building and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to work to concurrent and/or conflicting deadlines
- Highly flexible and able to respond to new tasks
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (Communications, Technology, Accessibility, Education, etc.)
- 3 - 5 years of experience with technology education, program development and implementation and customer service
- Volunteer engagement and leadership experience
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset and candidates are encouraged to disclose.
- This position will be based in the CNIB Halifax Center
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Travel will be required throughout the Province
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.