- Completes an opening and closing check list of duties for the Building
- Answers the Reception Desk phone and assists callers with any queries
- Greets Visitors professionally and oversees sign in and out procedures
- Provides relevant information, direction and assistance as requested
- Supervises all after-hours Reception Desk activities & special functions
- Acts as onsite after-hours contact for Security and Building Operations
- Reports any Security or Building Operations related issues or incidents
- Liaisons with all building management staff, clients, volunteers, tenant staff, patients, invited guests and any authorized building contractors
- Assists with administration duties, mailings, couriers, calls and faxes
- Performs all other relevant and reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested by direct & indirect reports as needed from time to time.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Preference for related work experience involving Reception Desk duties.
- Past experience within in a related customer service position preferred.
- First aid training, Ontario driver's license and a personal vehicle an asset
- Excellent interpersonal or people skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Excellent telephone answering and computer operating skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e. Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Demonstrated ability and enjoyment in working with the general public.
- Ability to proactively address relevant issues involving all tenant staff, clients, volunteers, patients, invited guests and authorized contractors to ensure their cooperation and compliance with all procedures and rules
- Ability to proactively address any concerns expressed by liaison parties.
- Ability to work in a professional environment with time management skills.
- Good organizational, work practices and administrative skills and abilities.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and be available on short notice.
- Ability to deal with various situations appropriately, in a timely manner.
- Must represent the Building in a professional, courteous, helpful manner.
- Work assignments typically involve weekday evenings and weekends.
- Hours can vary depending on availability and distribution amongst staff.
- Must maintain a clean and tidy work environment at the Reception Desk.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Debra.Pariselli@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.