- Provides administrative support to the vision loss rehabilitation team working in Northeastern Ontario and the Central West Region Manager
- Responds to inquiries from clients, referral sources, and other community contacts about CNIB, VLRO and Foundation programs
- Updates Registration and Eye Information pages within EVRR
- Assigns, through EVRR, the required Services and Interventions
- Ensures all client information is accurately entered into EVRR in a timely manner
- Scans documents into EVRR, using naming convention standards
- Updates client status in EVRR
- Keeps EVRR database up-to-date; closes off services that have been left open or notifies staff to finish closing interventions that appear to be complete
- Processes CNIB ID cards and applications for concessions
- Manages workload and EVRR caseload in an effective and efficient manner
- Supports the maintenance of case data (service tracking), file documentation and client status
- Prepares referral response letters to eye care professionals
- Processes Veterans Affairs Canada approvals for the region and provides follow-up in this area
- Provides support to the administrative components of the Assistive Devices Program (ADP)
- Supports administrative functions relating to Fee for Service Contracts
- Oversees the required maintenance of fleet vehicles and processes expenses associated with the fleet
- Provides ordering/purchasing information to clients for on-line or toll-free purchasing
- Handles banking functions, including responsibility for petty cash
- Provides administrative support to the Regional Manager and other team members
- Updates web/internet presence to regional sites under direction of Regional Manager and internal Communications team
- Assists in training, scheduling and supervision of volunteers – including placement students from post-secondary programs
- Liaises with clients, referral sources (community organizations/Physicians), volunteers and key internal/external stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with the rest of the vision loss rehabilitation and foundation team to deliver the team targets and goals
- Contributes to a supportive team environment to meet the operational and team objectives.
- Manages multiple tasks, while still meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work
- Utilizes established business rules, service standards and practices, and ensures policy and procedures are followed in a timely manner.
- Participates in service evaluation and program planning processes as needed to maintain and improve service outcomes.
- Works under the general direction of national/divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex and that may require upper level approval
- Committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent multi-project and time management skills
- Professional attitude, self-starter, and flexible
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with vision loss
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and demonstrates sound judgment in when to elevate issues to the next level.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum college diploma in office administration or equivalent.
- 2 years’ work experience in a reception or administrative function
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products;
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.