• Compiling, prioritizing and organizing the list of recordings that require reviews.
• Conducting technical reviews of recordings, checking for structural errors.
• Conducting word-for-word reviews of recordings that require a detailed quality check.
• Conducting regular narration evaluations for all volunteers.
• Updating the production tracking system, ensuring the integrity of the data.
• Overseeing the work of volunteer reviewers.
• Assisting with the evaluation of volunteer narrator/technician auditions.
• Providing direction and support to volunteer narrator/technicians.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Excellent English language skills; fluency in second language is an asset. Keen listening skills and ability to evaluate spoken-word recordings for clarity, accuracy and voice quality.
• Excellent relationship, team-building and training skills; a friendly and approachable manner.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
Experience and Education:
• Minimum post-secondary degree or equivalent education.
• Proficient computer skills in Windows environment; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience recording and editing digital audio or experience in a production environment an asset.
• Willingness to work flexible hours as required
• Able to work both independently and within a team environment
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Robert.Gordon@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.