The position entails, but is not limited to, the following general responsibilities:
- Support the Ontario Community Giving team with, but not limited to, the following:
- setting up and maintaining fundraising pages in Luminate and other online platforms
- setting up fundraising campaigns and emails in Campaign Monitor
- building and running reports in Raisers Edge
- Maintaining team folders in SharePoint
- Designing and writing sponsorship proposals
- Design and write event posters and flyers
- Build and analyze surveys
- Conduct research as per team's request/needs
- Assist with team's events
- Ordering team's supplies and maintaining inventory
- Maintain team's social media pages
- Support 3rd party events – community initiatives
- offer administrative support
- assisting with overall event planning
- processing gift donations
- Develop a plan to build on existing and implement new successful signature events
- develop critical path
- develop budget
- recruit committee members
- organize and manage regular committee meetings
- work with local CNIB office staff, volunteers and ambassadors
- work with community partners
- secure sponsorship
- engage community to promote ticket sales
- steward donors post event
- Participate in team meetings to qualify, coordinate and prioritize community engagement opportunities.
- Process expenses and event reports in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office applications, CRM, RE, Luminate
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable conversing with a variety of people in different situations
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of privacy legislation and able to conduct business in accordance with the CFRE/AFP/CAGP code of ethics
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Thoroughness, timeliness, flexibility and an ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with senior volunteers
- Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary school degree required
- Minimum three years fund development or relevant experience
- Ability to commute within Ontario
- Willingness to work flexible hours; some evening and weekend work is required
- Willingness to travel
- Desire to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Monika.Fox@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.