- Provides information to the public and those with vision loss regarding assistive aids that are on display or available through CNIB’s consumer products department
- Promotes direct sales model to consumers
- As the first point of contact, provide excellent customer service at the reception desk greeting and directing visitors, answering the phone and responding to general emails
- Responsible of incoming and out-going mail
- Maintain the general voicemail box and forward messages to appropriate staff; record messages for info line
- Act as sales assistant for Shop CNIB and ensure client orders are processed accordingly
- Handle all meeting room bookings
- Receive general donations
- Compose internal and external correspondence, proposals, and reports as required with knowledge of CNIB communication media protocol for alternate format materials
- Carry out additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Communicates in a professional manner, both written and orally, at both internal and external levels as required.
- Liaises with clients and divisional staff.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the departments.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ability to provide solutions to routine questions using creative and timely problem-solving skills.
- Works under the general direction of divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and knowing when to elevate issues to the next level.
- Commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Takes initiative in providing information and assistance to clients regarding assistive aids, and in providing administrative support to the office, and works collaboratively with other departments to achieve CNIB’s integrated customer relation’s goals.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of assistive aids available through the catalogue.
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- *International students are not eligible.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexible; open to change; a team player with demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss.
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Valid BC Driver's License, an asset
- Commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality
Experience and Education:
- High School diploma.
- Minimum two years customer service experience; experience in not-for-profit an asset.
- Experience with retail ordering, inventory, on-line sales.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Light lifting may be required (20 lbs.)
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your application, please contact My.Hy@cnib.ca
Please send your cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.