Meetings are on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 1:30 - 3:00pm
On average, there would be 2-3 hours of direct facilitation per month along with 1-2 hours of preparation and administration duties such as placing reminder calls or scheduling guest speakers.
Red Deer Golden Circle
4620 47A Ave Red Deer
Provide community-based support: organize and run monthly peer support group meetings in order to help individuals who are blind or partially sighted to access ongoing support from peers and learn about community resources.
In this role, you would be responsible for working with your Co-Facilitator to identify and book guest speakers, plan and coordinate monthly meetings, and facilitating discussions at the meetings.
Make a difference for men in your community who are blind or partially sighted.
Be part of a group of individuals dedicated to supporting one another.
Gain experience in facilitating/leading a group.
- Comfortable dealing with strong emotions in a group setting
- Work well with individuals of all ages and backgrounds
- Friendly and empathetic
- Prior group facilitation experience is an asset
- Either lived or associated experience with vision loss is considered an asset
- Reliable, punctual, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this role, you can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Lauren at 403-261-7221.