Dependent on the program. Daytime (morning or afternoon) for approximately two hours a week.
Toronto (GTA), Peel Region, York Region, Durham Region, Barrie, Simcoe/Muskoka, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Ottawa, Kingston.
The CNIB Foundation hosts a variety of recreation programs for people who are blind or partially sighted. Recreation assistants provide sighted assistance and support for a program.
Volunteers assist with setup and teardown, work with group leads to track attendance, promote programs and connect with participants.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Patient, friendly and empathetic
- Reliable, punctual, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Friendly, outgoing and you enjoy meeting new people
- Orientation, including learning about the CNIB Foundation
- Sighted guide training provided
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.