We are looking for individuals who can commit to one 4-hour shift per week, either 8:30am - 12:30pm or 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
The reception position aims to support our CNIB staff by acting as the first point of contact for those coming into the CNIB office. They provide a friendly and welcoming face for clients and supporters coming into the office. You will be responsible for greeting clients, answering phones, and providing general administrative support.
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted: Providing that first point for contact for anyone seeking to use CNIB services.
- Develop or enhance experience and skills in administration, reception, clerical, and interpersonal areas.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months successful participation as a volunteer.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to learn switchboard and phone system
- Friendly and positive personality
- Comfortable working with individuals with vision loss
- General knowledge about CNIB and its services
- Asset: administration or reception experience.
- Training provided by: Coordinator, Administrative Services