- Minimum three month commitment
- 3-4 hours per week, usually a regular weekly or monthly schedule.
CNIB Thunder Bay, 229 Camelot St, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4B2
Tasks vary on group requirements however all positions will include:
- Within the group environment assist individuals to engage in activities
- Welcoming and greeting people
- Assist with set-up and coordination of groups
- Track and report volunteer hours as directed
- Develop or use existing experience and skills
- Access to training opportunities to develop skills
- Confirmation of hours upon request, reference after 3 months successful participation as a volunteer.
- Agree to abide by CNIB’s Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
The CNIB Foundation hosts a variety of programs for people who are blind or partially sighted. Program activity assistants provide sighted assistance and support for a program. Volunteers assist with setup and teardown, work with group leads to track attendance, promote programs and connect with participant.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Patient, friendly and empathetic
- Reliable, punctual, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Friendly, outgoing and you enjoy meeting new people
- Orientation, including learning about the CNIB Foundation
- Sighted guide training provided
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.