The Tech- Expert can attend one or more community events; and only commit to the events that work for them. Each drive will differ slightly depending on target audience and location, but we estimate you will engage 1- 2 hours for preparation, and 4 hours minimum to collect and wipe phones at the drives.
Training will be from a CNIB location close to you! or over the phone. Phone drives opportunities can occur across the region.
Ideal for: This volunteer position will be of interest to enthusiastic individuals who are highly organized, tech -savvy, self-starter and enjoys team work.
To contribute in executing a Phone It Forward Phone Drive; supporting smartphone donations and assisting of data removal from donated phones.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Tech-Expert reports to the Team Capitan and is responsible for on-site technical support during the Phone Drive, such as erasing donors' personal data of phones given during the Phone It Forward drives, unlocking phone and making sure all files and personal information are removed to protect the identity of our donors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with smartphones
- Patient and friendly
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter
- Minimum 14 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including review of Phone Drive Kit manual