As a tech expert, you will only commit to the events that work for you. We estimate you will engage, per event, 1-2 hours for preparation and 4 hours minimum to collect phones at the drives.
Training will take place at 2085 Parthenais Street, in Montreal ! or over the phone. Phone collection drives opportunities will occur in predetermined Montréal public spaces.
To contribute in executing a Phone It Forward Phone Drive; supporting smartphone donations and assisting of data removal from donated phones.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Tech-Expert reports to the Team Captain and is responsible for on-site technical support during the Phone Drive, such as erasing donors' personal data of phones given during the Phone It Forward drives, unlocking phone and making sure all files and personal information are removed to protect the identity of our donors.
- Improve your technology knowledge
- Make a difference in blind people's life
- Learn to delete data and unblock cellphones.
- Protect cellphones donors identities
Qualities, Skills and Training:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with smartphones
- Patient and friendly
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter
- Minimum 14 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including review of Phone Drive Kit manual