As a team captain, you will only commit to the events that work for you. We estimate you will engage 2–3 hours for preparation, recruitment and training and 4 hours minimum to collect phones at the drives.
We would like you to commit to more than one collect, if possible. An engagement of 3 months (once per week minimum) would be the best.
Training will take place at 2085 Parthenais Street, in Montreal ! or over the phone. Phone collection drives opportunities will occur in predetermined Montréal public spaces.
You will be responsible of coordinating and supporting the development of Phone It Forward phone drives in local communities, raising awareness about CNIB, advocating for smartphone donations and educating the public on the impact technology has in the hands of individuals impacted by blindness. You will report to the Communication agent, who will provide you help.
Tasks vary on event requirements; however, this position will always include:
- Assist with team recruitment, selection, training and recognition
- Conduct regularly scheduled follow up (calls or emails) with volunteers; report any issues or concerns immediately to the Communication agent.
- Be available to volunteer team to provide support and guidance in their role
- Responsible for managing all the phones and cash donations during the event.
- Report on volunteer hours and other event measurables.
- Provide training and on-site assistance to the Event Team Members.
- Develop your leadership skills and your sense of organization
- Improve your technology knowledge
- Make a difference in blind people's life
- Having the opportunity to create a dynamic, competent and motivated team
Qualities and Skills:
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about CNIB and the Phone It Forward program.
- Patient, empathetic, friendly and excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Leadership skills provides clear instructions and accurate information to other volunteers and general public.
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter.
- Confident and reliable in the management of in kind and cash donations.
- Minimum 18 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including phone data removal and onsite technical support.