Up to eight hours once or twice a month.
Regina and Saskatoon
Phone drive volunteers help collect smart phones for the Phone it Forward Program at booths in malls and other locations in Regina and Saskatoon.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Set up and take down booths at the designate location. Which may include setting up and taking down banners, unpacking or packing and lifting boxes. etc.
- Check eligibility of smart phones donated against a list for eligibility for tax receipts.
- Make sure the online or paper copy of donor agreements are filled out.
- Make sure the smartphone is in working order and pass codes have been removed, data has been back upped, the factory reset has been done. If not, help them do so by starting the set up process.
- Communicate with donors about the requirements of the Phone it Forward program.
- Respond to donors appropriately and politely.
- At the end of the shift make sure phone are secured along with donations forms and tracking sheet as directed by the Phone it Forward coordinator's instructions.
Benefit of position
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted by collecting smartphones.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer.
Qualities, Skills and Training
- Personable and friendly.
- Willingness to help out.
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Training specific to the position.
- Minimum 16 years old.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
Application and contact information