- Minimum six month commitment
- Usually one 3-hour shift per week, usually a regular weekly shift. (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
CNIB Thunder Bay, 229 Camelot St, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4B2
- Making phone calls to participants
- Assisting with computer work
- Greeting people as they enter the office
- Providing support with Shop CNIB
- Assist with set-up and coordination of groups
- Track and report volunteer hours as directed
Benefit of position
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Develop or use experience and skills in client service.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months successful participation as a volunteer.
Qualities, Skills and Training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable talking on the phone
- Patient, empathetic and friendly
- Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong English skills or willing to be matched with a client who speaks your native language
- Training specific to the position
Application and contact information
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.