Event Team Member can attend one or more community events; and only commit to the events that work for them. Each drive will differ slightly depending on target audience and location, but we estimate you will engage 1- 2 hours for preparation, and 4 hours minimum to collect phones at the drives.
Training will be from a CNIB location close to you! or over the phone. Phone drives can occur across the region.
Ideal for: This volunteer position will be of interest to enthusiastic individuals who are highly organized, self-starter and enjoys team work.
Assist in executing a Phone It Forward drives and advocating for smartphone donations in support of CNIB’s mission.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Event Team Member reports to the Team Captain and is responsible for supporting the development of Phone It Forward Phone Drives in local communities, raising awareness about CNIB and its programs, elevating community profile, advocating for smartphone donations and educating the public on the impact technology has in the hands of individuals impacted by blindness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient and friendly
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter.
- Minimum 14 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including review of the Phone Drive Kit manual