Event Team Member can attend one or more community events and only commit to the events that work for them. Ideal candidates will be able to commit to 1 event per month. Each drive will differ slightly depending on target audience and location, but we estimate you will engage 1-2 hours for preparation, and 4 hours minimum to collect phones at the drives.
Assist in executing Phone It Forward drives, advocating for smartphone donations and assisting in the data removal from donated phones in support of the CNIB Foundation’s mission.
The Event Team Member reports to the Team Captain and is responsible for supporting the development of Phone It Forward Phone Drives in local communities, raising awareness about CNIB and its programs, elevating community profile, advocating for smartphone donations and educating the public on the impact technology has in the hands of individuals living with sight loss.
- Gain experience working in a customer service and technology support role
- Support CNIB and its goals of putting technology in the hands of individuals with vision loss
- Learn how to use accessible technology
- After 3 months of volunteering, receive a reference upon request
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patient and friendly
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude, self-starter
- Must have a basic understanding of technology & willingness to learn
- Minimum 14 years old
Orientation and training:
- Orientation, including about CNIB, about our participants and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including review of the Phone Drive Kit manual
If you would like to volunteer for this position, please complete our online application form by clicking on the below link or contact Leanna Smashnuk at 403-389-8943 or email@example.com