- Ideally a six-month commitment
- Ideally available evenings and/or weekends
CNIB Sudbury, 303 York St. Sudbury, ON P3E 2A5
In this position, you will provide transportation to CNIB clients, staff and/or volunteers to pre-arranged destinations.
- Provide transportation to CNIB staff, volunteer or client to pre-arranged destination(s)
- Provide sighted assistance and sighted guide as needed
- Track and report mileage
- Track and report volunteer hours
Help smash one of the greatest barriers facing people with sight loss — transportation — by providing rides to CNIB clients, staff or volunteers.
You would enjoy this position if you:
- Are outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting others
- Are patient and empathetic
- Are reliable and organized
- Are a minimum of 19 years old
- Are able to provide proof of clear driver's abstract, valid driver's license, minimum $2 million liability insurance (if driving own vehicle)
Potential volunteers will be asked to:
- Complete Volunteer Application form and attend interview
- Provide References
- Provide copy of Driver's License, Driver's Abstract and proof of insurance
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.