Two to eight hours depending on location travelling to. Driving may involve travel out of town.
Driver Guide General Responsibilities:
- Drive staff and volunteers with vision loss, provide support and orientation at their destination.
- Ensures that CNIB vehicles are maintained and reports problems to supervisor or designate.
- When vehicle requires service/repair work, driver transports to/picks up the vehicle at the authorized location.
- Maintains emergency kits for the vehicle.
- May transport clients and other deliveries as directed by CNIB.
- Performs any other related duties as requested.
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted; provide sighted assistance and companionship to a person in your community who is blind or partially sighted.
- Develop or use experience and skills in client service.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer.
- Trustworthy, patient, empathetic and friendly
- Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent Driving Record, drivers abstract is required.
- Orientation, including: about CNIB, about the people we help, about vision loss, and about volunteering at CNIB.
If you are interested in this position contact program lead, volunteer & community engagement in Saskatoon by calling 1-306-374-4545 or use our online form.