Minimum six-month commitment. Hours as required, including weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Communities across Ontario.
Toronto (GTA), Peel Region, York Region, Durham Region Barrie, Simcoe/Muskoka, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, St. Catharines, Kitchener, Hamilton, Burlington, Stratford, London, Windsor, Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville, Peterborough, Belleville, etc.
- Drive staff and volunteers with vision loss, provide support and orientation at their destination
- Develop or use experience and skills in client service.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer.
- Trustworthy, patient, empathetic and friendly
- Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent Driving Record, drivers abstract is required.
- Orientation, including: about CNIB, about the people we help, about vision loss, and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Drive ambassador or advocate
- Be a sighted guide
- Track and report mileage
- Track and report volunteer hours
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.