- Minimum six month commitment
- Average 3 hours per week, may be completed at home, any day, any time between 9am and 9pm
2085 Parthenais, Montreal
Possibility to do it at home.
Thank every new donor and let them know their gift enables CNIB to provide community-based support, knowledge and a national voice.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Receive call lists from supervisor; call new donors in your community and thank them for their first gift
- Provide information on some of the ways their gift benefits people in their community who are blind or partially sighted
- When a donor needs more support, information or service then you are able to give, refer them to the appropriate staff person
- Take notes and report all results back to staff as directed
- Track and report volunteer hours as directed
Benefit of position
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted; supporting efforts to generate sustained income growth enables CNIB to deliver services that positively change the lives of Canadians who are blind and partially sighted, as well as those at risk of losing their vision.
- Develop or use experience and skills in communications and philanthropy.
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate staff and volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer.
Qualities, Skills and Training
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable and confident on the phone
- Patient, friendly and empathetic
- Reliable, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Orientation, including: About CNIB, About the people we help, About vision loss, and About volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including: donor services
- Minimum 19 years old.
Application and contact information