flexible hours, about 3 hours per presentation.
During occasional events or campaigns. You can also find places where you would like to give your testimony.
One year commitment minimum.
In your region (public spaces, schools, nursing homes, stands , etc.)
During CNIB events.
In the medias.
The ambassador play a key role in the promotion of services offered by CNIB, to raise awareness about vision loss and visual health . Thanks to his experience, knowledge and passion, the Ambassador informs the public about the realities linked with vision loss, communicate his story in a relevant and personalised way, and represent CNIB and its clients during events and with various audiences.
Summary of tasks :
- Speaking in public during events in community organization, fairs, schools, nursing homes, for professionals of visual health, etc.
- Sharing your personal story with vision loss and CNIB.
- Representing CNIB, our clients and our interests for different audiences .
- Occasionally give your testimony to medias (If you wish)
- Opportunity to participate to a public speaking training.
- Opportunity to gain experience in the field of public relations.
- Opportunity to become a model in the community.
- Improve self esteem and self-confidence.
- Reference letter on demand.
- To be a CNIB client (we will also consider family members of clients, volunteers that are active and involved in their area, donors, , etc.).
- To support and believe in the mission, vision and values of CNIB.
- To show passion and willingness to be a change agent for the well being of the collectivity.
- Motivated to make a difference in the area of blindness.
- Demonstrate public speaking and interpersonal relationships skills.
- Willingness to learn and improve in the area of public speaking and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated autonomy and able to work with very little supervision.
If you are interested by this volunteering offer, fill the form or contact Sarah Rouleau
1 800 465-4622 ext.233