Ambassadors attend one or more community events per month that happen at various times and locations and only commit to the events that work for them.
Training will be from a CNIB location close to you! Ambassador speaking opportunities occur across the region.
Toronto (GTA), Peel Region, York Region, Durham Region , Barrie, Simcoe/Muskoka, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, St. Catharines, Kitchener, Hamilton, Burlington, Stratford, London, Windsor, Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville, Peterborough, Belleville, Sault Ste. Marie, etc.
Contribute to increasing knowledge by educating the public about vision health, living with vision loss and CNIB programs and services; enabling Canadians impacted by blindness to live the lives they choose.
- Represent CNIB to the general public and specific audiences including community groups, corporations, schools, seniors’ centres, and vision health professionals
- Some Ambassadors may receive training and requests to give media interviews
- Share your personal experience with vision loss and CNIB’s role in your journey
- Depending on need, other tasks may include setting up displays and demonstrating technical aids
- Make a difference as part of a dedicated and passionate staff/volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
- Make a difference for people who are blind or partially sighted in your community by making sure their concerns and issues are heard
- Opportunity to gain or share skills in communications, media, government relations, and advocacy
- Personal experience (self, family member or friend) with vision loss and the impact of CNIB programs and services and/or demonstrated involvement with and support of CNIB (eg. volunteer or donor)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced or willing to be trained in public speaking
- Organized, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Orientation, including: about CNIB, about the people we help, about vision loss, and about volunteering at CNIB.
- Training specific to the position, including: Ambassador program overview
- Minimum 14 years old.
If you would like to volunteer for this position please complete our online application form.