- Flexible time commitment as activities are planned
- Minimum 6 month commitment
Communities across Southwestern Ontario.
St. Catharines, London, Kitchener, Brantford, Windsor, Guelph, Stratford, London, Hamilton, Waterloo, etc.
In this position, you will assist staff and other volunteers to supervise children with sight loss and their siblings as they participate in fun and interactive activities in a safe and accessible environment.
- Assist program lead in planning and organizing fun and interactive social and recreational activities for children and youth with sight loss and their siblings
- Assist with supervision of children and youth during program activities/events
- Promote participation of children/youth in planned activities
- Encourage children/youth to try new things and make connections with others
- Promote a safe and inclusive environment for all children and youth attending program events/activities
- Track and report volunteer hours
- Provide sighted assistance for participants as needed
- Other duties as required
Change what it means to be blind by helping children with sight loss meet new friends and gain self-confidence while enjoying interactive social and recreational activities.
You would enjoy this position if you:
- Are outgoing and friendly
- Enjoy working with children
- Are patient and empathetic
- Are creative, reliable and organized
- Are a minimum of 19 years of age
- First aid and CPR training is an asset
- Experience with childcare is an asset
Potential volunteers will be asked to:
- Complete CNIB application form and attend interview & orientation training
- Provide references
- Provide Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.