3 hours per week
Because of the demographic that CNIB assists, often the best way to spread the word about upcoming events and opportunities is by calling. For this reason, CNIB is always looking for callers. In these positions, you are provided a script and can do the calls from the Halifax office and eventually – if you're interested – from home.
- All Client Calls: The CNIB Foundation now has a new database that we oversee. In February/March we are calling all 500 clients in our database to let them know about all of the ways to find out about upcoming programs and events. This is going to be a huge project, but a vital part of our plan to serve people with vision loss better. If you are interested in coming in for a few hours a week starting in February to help with these calls, we can use as much help as we can get!
- Intake & Survey Calls: We are looking for a volunteer to call new participants to conduct their intake, let them know about our various programs and complete any necessary forms. At the beginning and end of programs, this caller will also conduct surveys to see how they did (or didn't) benefit from attending.
- Reminder Calls: We have a list of clients who are interested in attending our various CNIB events. To encourage them to attend and keep them informed of upcoming events, we call them to remind them of the dates and times of activities.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Trustworthy, dependable, compassionate and flexible, with good communication skills
- Minimum 16 years old
If you are interested in this position, you can apply to join our team today by using our online application form.