2-4 hour a week commitment, shift details and information vary at each location
Abbotsford, Kelowna & Victoria offices
Contribute to community-based support by providing administrative and basic shop duty assistance to programs that enable Canadians impacted by blindness to live the lives they choose.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Photocopying, filing, assisting with mailouts and/or faxing
- Record keeping & data entry
- Making or receiving phone calls
- Other duties as required
- Processing sales in the shop and assisting with product demonstration when needed
- Make a difference as part of a dedicated and passionate staff / volunteer team to further CNIB's mission.
- Appreciation from clients / participants
- Develop or use existing experience and skills in customer services and administration
- Reference or confirmation of hours upon request, after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer
- Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of MS Office suite an asset
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Orientation, including: about CNIB, the people we serve, vision loss, and volunteering at CNIB.
- Training and screening specific to the position
- Minimum 18 years old.