After holding focus groups across Ontario, CNIB created this legal information handbook to provide helpful responses to some of the most common questions we heard.
In the handbook below, you’ll find:
- An overview of your most important legal rights related to transportation
- Answers to common questions like
- "I was denied access to transportation services in Ontario because I was accompanied by a guide dog. What can I do?"
- "The bus/streetcar that I ride is inaccessible. There are no audio signals to identify stops and the driver does not provide me with assistance. What can I do?"
- Links to helpful legal services and community supports
If you’d like to receive this handbook in Braille or DAISY format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did this handbook answer your question or did it connect you to a helpful resource?
Please let us know!