After holding focus groups across Ontario, CNIB created this legal information handbook to provide helpful responses to some of the most common questions we heard.
In the handbook below, you’ll find:
- An overview of your most important legal rights related to the built environment
- Answers to common questions like
- "The accessible pedestrian signal at a crosswalk isn't working. What can I do?"
- "The elevator that I use is inaccessible (e.g. no audio signals, etc.). What can I do?"
- Links to helpful legal services and community supports
Built Environment - CNIB Know Your Rights
If you’d like to receive this handbook in Braille or DAISY format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did this handbook answer your question or did it connect you to a helpful resource?
Please let us know!