The CNIB: Read Facebook group is a place where members can meet, get to know each other and talk about all things books! Every three months, members will be introduced to a new book to read and discuss at their own pace. But there's always something happening within the Facebook group, including new episodes of the CNIB: Read podcast, supplemental suggested readings, and as always – lots of conversation about books, authors and accessible literacy.
To sign up for a Facebook account, visit facebook.com. Once there, you'll receive a prompt to create a free account.
Type in your first and last name, as well as your phone number and email address, birthday and gender. You'll also need to choose a password at this stage; make sure to record the password somewhere so you won't forget it. After you've provided that information, select "Sign Up". You'll then be asked to confirm the email address or phone number you provided. Once you do that, your account is live!
Now you can fill out your profile, start connecting with friends and join the CNIB: Read book club.
- Be kind and courteous. We're all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No hate speech or bullying. Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- No promotions or spam. Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren't allowed.
- Respect everyone's privacy. Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What's shared in the group should stay in the group.
- Be true to our topic. Our topic is pretty broad: books, reading and accessible formats! We'll have featured titles every three months, but any conversation related to books, reading or accessible formats is welcome!