Our new nationwide conference – Connecting the Dots – is the largest educational and professional development experience focused on braille, technology and employment for people with sight loss.
For more than 40 years, the CNIB Foundation hosted a variety of successful technology trade shows, conferences and seminars across the country for Canadians who are blind or partially sighted.
The Braille Conference in Toronto gathered clients, braille transcribers, educators and staff to discuss the latest advances in literacy. In Quebec, TechnoVision+ was the largest trade show in the country dedicated to adapted technology and services for people living with sight loss. Attendees and exhibitors included participants, educators, healthcare professionals, technology vendors and community organizations.
Today, we're thrilled to announce that we've combined these regional events to bring you a bigger, better and more inclusive conference that will help us boost participation in the world of work, unleash the power of technology, and drive achievement and equality.
About Connecting the Dots
This two-day conference will provide opportunities for attendees to:
- learn more about current trends and innovations in the sight loss community at thought-provoking panel discussions;
- network with industry experts and connect with other like-minded professionals;
- experience the latest technological advancements in braille and assistive technologies;
- and, gain practical experience from industry experts to help with career advancement.
What to expect
As a participant
At Connecting the Dots, you’ll be able to connect with other Canadians who are blind or partially sighted, as well as braille transcribers, educators and other members of the technology and employment communities in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Close to 300 participants are expected to attend the conference, as well as members of the CNIB Foundation's executive management team, volunteers and staff.
You’ll have the opportunity to network with industry experts, gain hands-on experience using new devices in braille and assistive technology, and increase your understanding of technology, employment and literacy for people with sight loss.
As an exhibitor
Don’t miss your chance to connect firsthand with Canadians who are living with sight loss, as well as braille transcribers, educators and other members of the technology and employment communities in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Close to 300 participants are expected to attend the conference, as well as members of the CNIB Foundation's executive management team, volunteers and staff.
You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your brand, promote your latest products and earn business. Connecting the Dots will be an unforgettable learning experience enriched with innovative ideas and best practices, and opportunities to share what works for individuals who are blind or partially sighted.
As a presenter
Don’t miss the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise with Canadians who are blind or partially sighted, as well as braille transcribers, educators and other members of the technology and employment communities in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. Close to 300 participants are expected to attend the conference, as well as members of the CNIB Foundation's executive management team, volunteers and staff.
If you’re interested in presenting a topic related to employment, technology or literacy, please complete the application and submit it to ConnectingTheDots@cnib.ca.
1. Toronto, ON
Date: October 29 and 30, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location: MaRS Discovery District
2. Vancouver, BC
3. Montreal, QC
You won't want to miss this two-day conference! From an AI Robot demonstration to the latest employment research conducted by CNIB – we have something for everyone. Learn about Certified Audio Describers, innovative design thinking, automated braille translation, and more!
CNIB Work Zone
Visit the CNIB Work Zone at Connecting the Dots! Network with professionals to develop and support your career ambitions.
At the CNIB Work Zone, you will have an opportunity to:
- have a professional headshot taken for your LinkedIn profile;
- strengthen your personal brand by connecting with an HR coach to receive feedback on your resume or LinkedIn profile;
- gain valuable career advice from influential people in the recruitment industry through networking with HR pros from Deloitte, HSBC, Meridian Rogers, and more;
- perfect your elevator pitch and practice your interviewing skills in our coaching corner;
- meet a vibrant community of entrepreneurs from CNIB Venture Zone and purchase their one-of-a-kind goods and services;
- and, learn about our upcoming digital e-commerce marketplace for entrepreneurs with sight loss.
Online registration is now closed. If you would like to secure a last-minute ticket, please email Diana Rosales at ConnectingTheDots@cnib.ca.