Vision loss rehabilitation is specialized training that gives people who are blind or partially sighted the practical skills they need to live safely and independently.
Rehabilitation services are personalized and may include:
• maximizing your remaining eyesight through lighting and contrast
• learning new ways to cook, shop and manage your home
• connecting you with devices and apps that make life easier
• training on how to use a white cane
• travelling in the community and using transit
Vision Loss Rehabilitation British Columbia and Vision Loss Rehabilitation Yukon are the leading providers of this vital training.
Request rehabilitation services
Getting started with rehabilitation is simple:
1. Talk to your ophthalmologist, optometrist or other health care professional about the impact of sight loss in your life and how rehabilitation could help.
2. Depending where you live, ask for a referral to Vision Loss Rehabilitation British Columbia using this secure online form, or ask for a referral to Vision Loss Rehabilitation Yukon using this secure online form.