Become a Guide Dog Champion
CNIB is working to raise awareness about the rights of guide dog teams and the legal responsibilities of Canadian businesses.
- Guide dogs and their handlers are allowed access to any premises to which the public would normally have access. It’s the law.
- Show your support for guide dog teams in your community and become a Guide Dog Champion!
- Call 1-800-563-2642 to order your very own FREE window decal.
- Display it at your business’s storefront or checkout to show your support of guide dog teams in Canada and to raise awareness that guide dogs are legally allowed anywhere the public has access.
- Challenge other business owners in your community to become Guide Dog Champions. Speak to them about the rights of guide dog teams and encourage them to display a "Guide Dogs Welcome" decal in their storefronts.
- Print our colouring activity sheet for children or youth visiting your establishment to complete! The activity sheet features an illustrated guide dog team that can be coloured however the artist chooses, in any setting they can imagine going with their guide dog.
- Talk to your friends, family and colleagues about the rights of guide dog teams in your community.
- Print this Guide Dogs Fact Sheet and share it with your employees so they are familiar with the rights of guide dog teams and the legal responsibilities of businesses.
- Follow CNIB on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share our posts about guide dogs.
- Post a photo of your “Guide Dogs Welcome” window decal displayed in your business using the hashtag #GuideDogChampion.
- Take a photo of a guide dog team in your establishment – with their permission, of course! Share the photo using the hashtag #GuideDogChampion.
- If a guide dog team enters your establishment, ask the handler if they'd like a water bowl for their guide dog.
- Make yourself and your co-workers aware of guide dog etiquette, provincial legislation, and the difference between guide dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, and emotional support animals.
- The Guide Dog Gazette is a bi-monthly e-newsletter filled with stories about CNIB Guide Dogs, Ambassador Dogs and Buddy Dogs, as well as tips for dogs in training, firsthand experiences of handlers, and more!
Subscribe to the Guide Dog Gazette! This is where you'll learn how CNIB Guide Dogs is transforming the lives of Canadians with sight loss. Funded by charitable donations and enabled by the selfless contributions of volunteers, our innovative programs and powerful advocacy are changing what it is to be blind for guide dog handlers across Canada.
Inscrivez-vous pour recevoir La Gazette des Chiens-guides ! C’est ici que vous apprendrez comment les chiens-guides transforment la vie des Canadiens ayant une perte de vision. Financés par des dons et rendus possibles par les généreuses contributions des bénévoles, nos programmes innovateurs et puissantes initiatives de défense des droits et intérêts changent ce que cela veut dire que d’être aveugle d’un bout à l’autre du Canada.