Your CNIB card gives you benefits like discounts and services from governments, businesses and community partners. They vary by location and may include:
- Free municipal transit passes
- Free or discounted air, train and bus fares for you or your sighted guide
- Free or discounted events and attractions admissions for you or your sighted guide to
- Additional accessibility services from banks and other businesses
Your CNIB card can also be used as proof of disability for some government programs and tax benefits.
Am I eligible?
You’re eligible for a CNIB card if you are legally blind, meaning:
- Your visual acuity is 20/200 or less in both eyes after correction, and/or
- You have a visual field of 20 degrees or narrower
How to apply
To apply for a CNIB card, you’ll need:
- Proof of your sight loss, such as a doctor’s note
- A colour passport-style photo taken within the last six months
- $10 processing fee, payable by cheque, money order or credit card
To apply for your card and get a list of cardholder benefits in your community, contact Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada (a CNIB organization) at 1-844-887-8572 or email@example.com.