CNIB master’s scholarships encourage and support students who are blind or partially sighted to undertake post-graduate studies.
The next application period will open in spring 2019. Please check back here for information.
CNIB master's scholarship – 1 @ $12,500
• This award is given out annually to a qualified applicant to pursue a master's degree.
Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud master’s scholarship – 1 @ $5,000
This scholarship aims to enable a student to pursue a master’s degree at a Canadian university, while acquiring knowledge, skills and experience through field research to be able to transition to a career-furthering paid internship. Nalini Perera obtained an intermediate certificate from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a B.A. in architecture and planning and a M.A. in international relations. She is a classical piano gold medalist and was awarded paid internships to the mayor’s office in Manhattan and United Nations in New York. In mid-career, she developed glaucoma and became legally blind. Her 37-year career with the Canadian federal government included international travel.
Am I eligible?
To be considered eligible for a CNIB post-secondary scholarship, you must be/have:
- Blind or partially sighted (less than 20/70 corrected vision)
- A Canadian citizen or have held landed immigrant status for one year prior to the date of application
- A university graduate who is entering a post-graduate education program
- Plan to study at a Canadian university, or a foreign university where a commitment to return to Canada is expressed
- A high academic standing with demonstrated superior intellectual ability and judgment
- Note: Preference will be given to students planning to undertake theoretical and practical research at a Canadian university.
How to apply
Submit your completed application form, which is automatically be considered for all scholarships. If you have received financial support from any other source, please note it.
Successful recipients are chosen by the CNIB Foundation’s scholarship selection committee.
Based on the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Contact Shampa Bose at email@example.com