CNIB’s Readasaurus kit has fun tips and tools you can use with a child who has sight loss to develop literacy skills.
What’s in the kit?
- Family guide explaining the importance of literacy to success in life and the different ways a child with sight loss can read
- Audio story book on CD featuring three books from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Activity book with tips, tactile exercises and ideas for games that teach skills in listening, touch, movement and comprehension
- Activity materials, including tactile stickers, Wikki Stix, a braille ruler and magnifier and inspiration for creating your own
- Door hanger and glow-in-the-dark braille wristbands to remind families and kids that literacy is a part of everyday life
How to get a kit
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you’re eligible to receive a Readasaurus kit.
Can't wait to get started?
The Readasaurus kit is generously funded by Green Shield Canada.