We’re opening doors to reading.
- Paths to literacy for students who are blind or visually impaired
- Bringing picture books to life: Videos for parents
- Alternative formats: SNOW: education, access and you
- Braille Literacy Canada: Parent resources
- Braille activities for children
- Because pictures matter
- Hungry fingers: educational tools for young learners with special needs
- APH Guide to designing tactile illustrations for children's books
Meet these outstanding CNIB kids, teens and their families:
Books for family and educators
- A Strong Beginning: Professional Sourcebook
- Finding a New Path: Guide for Parents
- Children with visual impairments: A parent’s guide
- Foundations of braille literacy
- Being legally blind: observations for parents of visually impaired children
- Early focus: working with young children who are blind or visually impaired and their families
- Reach out and teach: helping your child who is visually impaired learn and grow
- Helping children who are blind
- Reading Connections: Strategies for Teaching Students with Visual Impairments
Where to buy
- Shop CNIB
- Tactile Vision Graphics
- Future Aids: braille superstore
- National Braille Press
- I Read with My Hands
- American Printing House for the Blind
Education, employment and fun
- Free 3D printer files for braille objects
- Adapted Physical Education for kids: Video on making sports and activities inclusive.
- WonderBaby.Org: Articles, Q&A section, product and toy reviews.
- CNIB on Youtube: New product reviews, tips for daily living skills.
- Future Reflections - National Federation of the Blind: Online magazine for parents and teachers.
- Blind Children’s Resource Centre
- Canadian Blind Sports
- Hadley School for the Blind: Free-to-inexpensive online courses for parents and caregivers.
- Project Aspiro: Lifelong career planning for kids
- FamilyConnect. Tips and support.
- NEADS: For post-secondary learners.