CNIB: Specialist in customer service
Location: Canada wide location (work from home)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Contact Centre Operations
Scope and Summary of Primary Responsibilities
The Customer Care Specialist will provide exceptional service to a wide range of customers in a professional work environment. Be responsible for professional customer service through inbound, outbound and email contact channels. As the primary point of contact for CNIB Foundation/ VLjeff.email@example.comR/ DBCS services you will be responsible for introducing contacts to services available, connect with service providers, assisting customers in identifying products to meet their needs.
• Promote client awareness of community services, connect clients/ participants with CNIB Foundation/ VLR services / DBCS and assist customers purchase assistive devices.
• Use consultative skills of questioning and active listening to effectively understand and support caller’s queries.
• Use internal and external knowledge sources to resolve caller requests, in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
• Responsible for outbound calls which may include, but not limited to; all services/ programs, Donor calls and calls to resolve issues related to products or services.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
• Independently assists customers by telephone and email with inquiries, disputes, and/or complaints through inbound and outbound channels.
• Responds quickly and accurately to external client inquiries and provides complete information.
• Ensures privacy and system security is held to the highest standard.
• Meets or exceeds Contact Centre KPI targets, including Call Quality scores.
• Receives and uses feedback to demonstrate growth in the position.
• Understands and follows all company policies and procedures. Maintains accuracy, data integrity, productivity and quality standards as established by management.
• Learn and use multiple systems simultaneously
• Resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
• Identify and resolve critical issues and assess their impact on others and the organization
• Maintain awareness of all CNIB services, developments and changes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to display empathy; maintains positive attitude; meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
• Develop a systematic approach to offer problem resolution with emphasis on superior customer service. Creative and self-starter are essential.
• Be goal oriented and possess effective oral and written communication skills. Exposure and familiarity with all departments, along with good analytical skills are imperative.
• Resolves problems, handles conflict, and makes effective decisions under pressure to achieve equitable satisfaction.
• Ability to work independently or function as a team player.
• Empowered to make decisions within established policies and procedures.
• Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved.
• Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Experienced in developing relationships with customers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organization skills.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask between high volumes of inquiries from varying mediums in an efficient manner.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accpac, Raiser’s Edge, EVRR, VSMART and similar applications is an asset.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and online resources.
Experience and Education
• College Diploma or University degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ in relevant customer service field.
• Oral and written fluency in English and French is a must.
• Previous Contact Center, including outbound calling experience.
• Work flexible hours; Monday to Friday between 8:00am – 7:30pm Eastern Time zone which are subject to change.
• Work with minimal supervision.
Statement of Non-Inclusivity:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed to support the evolving needs of our organization.
Apply to this position: send your resum to firstname.lastname@example.org