342 Grafton St, Suite 201
Charlottetown PE C1A 1L8
Speaking Up and Speaking Out
Join us for a day of learning and fun!
Self-advocacy is the ability to speak-up about issues that are important to you. Self-advocacy is the power to ask for what you need and want, and the ability to tell people about your thoughts and feelings in order to improve your quality of life.
This highly practical and interactive workshop will help you to communicate your own needs and make informed decisions about the supports necessary to meet those needs. You will leave confidently with new strategies and tips to help you listen to understand and speak to be heard!
Upon completion of this workshop, you will:
1. Understand the meaning of advocacy.
2. Describe three behavior types that impact self-advocacy.
3. Identify assertive, passive, and aggressive behavior in case scenarios.
4. State examples of your own assertive, passive, and aggressive behaviors.
5. Apply techniques to enhance communication and assertiveness.
6. Identify personal goals for applying self-advocacy skills.
Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Spaces are limited, so please RSVP for this workshop by February 6 by clicking on the "Register Now" button below.