10-11A St NE
Calgary AB T2E 4Z3
The Adjustment to Vision Loss (AVL) program is an eight-week program aimed at people who are blind or experiencing vision loss. Each session focuses on a specific topic to help you gain skills, confidence and independence. The program’s aim is to move people from the perception of loss of independence to developing new insights and practicing new behaviors. It is based off of the CCOPPP principle:
- Creativity – Learning to apply creativity to newly learned daily skills.
- Communication – Learning how to effectively communicate with family, friends and the community.
- Organization – How to organize yourself, your home and your daily activities.
- Patience – How to slow yourself down to match your current vision loss.
- Planning – Planning activities by design to allow time to consider conditions and options.
- Perseverance – Persistence in a course of action despite low vision, obstacles or discouragement.
When: January 9 – February 27, 2019
Time: Every Wednesday from 1:30-3:30
Location: CNIB office, 10 – 11A St NE Calgary, Alberta T2E 4Z3
If you are interested in attending and can commit to all 8 weeks, please RSVP by January 4, 2019 to Melanie Bodhi at (403) 261-7207 or by e-mail at email@example.com.