This position will assist in the development of a Youth Leadership Program for children and youth with sight loss who are living in the Ontario West Region. Through participation in a variety of group activities, events and workshops, youth with sight loss will have the opportunity to develop positive social skills, increase their sense of confidence, independence and leadership skills necessary for the successful transition to adulthood and long-term success in life.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in promoting this initiative to children, youth and parents using various marketing tools such as facebook, email blasts, etc.
- Assisting in the recruitment of volunteers to support this initiative
- Contacting youth to determine the type of activities, events and speakers to be organized
- Assisting with the logistics of planning and implementing various activities, workshops and events
- Tracking attendance at activities and events, and enter data in the CNIB data base
- Distributing satisfaction surveys to participants
- Helping to compile program information, evaluation data and participant testimonials for program funder
Other duties as required that will support the development and implementation of this program, and which may include: keyboarding/data entry, sending faxes or emails, etc.
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- Post-secondary degree or diploma an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills
- Professional attitude with a focus on achieving results
- Proficient in MS Word, and willingness to learn data base
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.