Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Conducts Comprehensive Assessment of Needs (CAN) and Personal Details Assessments within EVRR primarily by phone, with individuals requiring CNIB rehabilitation services and makes appropriate referrals.
- Ensures client needs are identified through appropriate use of the EVRR assessments.
- Identifies and assigns through EVRR the required Services and Interventions.
- Flags urgent/critical client situations to Service Manager or other designated staff.
- Provides appropriate follow up with clients to help ensure service quality standards are met.
- Serves as a point of contact for clients by responding to clients enquiries.
- Conducts Exit Interview.
- Records all required data into EVRR in a timely manner, consistent with CNIB standards, including visit/time spent in service provision.
- Manages caseload in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responds to inquiries on CNIB services/programs and community resources.
- Initiates external referrals when appropriate.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders, partners, including local groups/agencies.
- Provides appropriate support and consultation to individuals, clients and their families.
- Contributes as part of multidisciplinary team.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Utilizes established business rules, service standards and practices, and ensures policy and procedures are followed in a timely fashion.
- Provides timely delivery of CAN and assignment of appropriate services/interventions for each client.
- Ability to creatively and quickly problem solve to respond to unique individual needs. Participates in service evaluation and program planning processes, as needed, to maintain and improve service outcomes.
- Works under the general direction of national/divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when working with individuals and knows when to elevate issues to the next level such as referring unusual client needs to appropriate person for service planning.
- Committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of new and changing community resources and CNIB policies & procedures.
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level and shares specialized knowledge, resources, experience, concepts and skills.
- Engages and mentors' volunteers as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with vision loss.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills, with emphasis on interviewing skills.
- Self-directed, organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstration of a client-centered approach with commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstration of sound interviewing skills, good judgment, and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in use of both standard office software and specialized client management technology.
Experience and Education
- Completed post-secondary education in the fields of Social Work,
- Psychology, Applied Counseling, or an equivalent field.
- Minimum three years of experience working with individuals with a disability in a rehabilitation setting.
- Accreditation in counselling or rehabilitation is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel may be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Bobby.Weir@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.