The Team Lead, Community Outreach, is responsible for managing a team of Door to door canvassers. The Team Lead will be part of the recruiting and training process as well as on-going daily canvasser and program management and evaluation. The Team Lead, in conjunction with team of Door to door canvassers will be responsible for creating a vital pool of monthly donors.
The Team Lead will report directly to Manager, Community Outreach and indirectly to Senior Manager, Community Engagement.
The position entails, but is not limited to, the following general responsibilities:
- Assist with recruitment of Door to door canvassers
- Assist with training of Door to door canvassers
- Create positive, energetic and rewarding team environment
- Manage and motivate team of Door to door canvassers
- Evaluate Door to door canvassers performance
- Manage volunteers assisting with monthly donor follow ups
- Increase monthly donor base
- Drive and accompany canvassers on their daily route
- Follow and adjust when necessary route mapping
- Assist canvassers with their daily fundraising goals
- Ensure all donations are recorded accurately
- Ensure all materials including iPads are kept in good condition
- Leave positive impact on the community
- Report on weekly progress
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable conversing with a variety of people in different situations
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Thoroughness, timeliness, flexibility and an ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as other software applications such as CRM (familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with senior volunteers
- Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary school degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years team management
- Experience with door to door campaigns required
- Experience in acquiring monthly donors required
- Willingness to work some flexible hours
- Willingness to travel
- Desire to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.