- Assists with the planning and coordination of all program of events related to CNIB's Career Support Program.
- Conducts regular follow up with potential and current program participants (Talent Pool) by phone, email and in person.
- Responds to program inquiries.
- Develops and lead workshops.
- Liaises with external stakeholders such as partner employers and mentors.
- Assist in the development of program materials.
- Provides general administrative support including, but is not limited to: filing, drafting and editing correspondence.
- Conducts Internet and other research on a variety of topics as required.
- Produces reports and presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proven time management and organization skills; amenable to changing priorities, deadlines and procedures.
- Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Customer service oriented with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative, time-management and organizational interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude, results oriented, self-directed and flexible
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature, as well as emotional and social stability when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss and other functional challenges
- Must be mature and responsible
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to travel independently within the region via public transit or car (taxi, Uber etc.)
- Language fluency – Written and Oral (French and English) an asset (preferred)
Experience and Education:
Minimum Post Secondary education or equivalent experience
- General office environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Occasional travel within the region
- Possibility of telecommuting
2 Positions Available
***Potential candidates should be eligible for subsidy by the local employment center
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.