Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Responsible for marketing, promotion and oversight of the Assistive Devices program in terms of product marketing, promotion, sales and training
- Manage and supervise staff within the CNIB store in both Calgary and Edmonton offices, as well as service delivery staff across the province.
- Approves credit card, travel expenses, time and attendance for supervised staff
- Oversee and manage Shop in a Box locations housed within satellite offices and rural locations
- Oversee and manage the Specialized Technology Equipment Program (STEP), ensuring internal systems are maintained and contractual obligations are met
- Develop progressive strategies to promote consumer products within the Division
- Develop policies, procedures and controls for the department
- Compile financial and statistical data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for both internal and funder use
- Monitors service budget, including revenues and expenditures, and brings to the attention of the director where appropriate.
- Assess Division operations, measuring performance against established benchmarks; assists in the development of best practices; identifies cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities
- Continued implementation and analysis of quality focused performance indicators via service and stakeholder outcome reports and other continuous quality improvement programs.
- Ensure the maintenance of complete Division files relating to the department
- Ensure that Division staff provide appropriate paperwork for invoicing of 3rd party funders and STEP program in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor and review information related to Assistive Technology and prepare internal reports as required
- Assist individuals in accessing 3rd party funding for recommended equipment and training, when required
- Supervise the delivery and installation of purchased products to clients in a timely manner which is provided by assistive technology specialists.
- Ensure client and non-client work is accurately tracked and associated paperwork is completed in a timely manner as per internal standards using VLRA's electronic record management system.
- Assist with implementing new service models based on evidence-based research.
- Attends internal and external meetings as required.
- Assist with special events in the region as required.
- Other duties as required related to the position.
- Liaise closely with the Manager of Rehabilitation Services, Director of Finance and Executive Director to plan, prepare and implement strategies for consumer products and client coordination services.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in team meetings and other activities as required
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Provides timely delivery of appropriate services for development of a coordinated rehabilitation service strategy
- Ability to provide strategic solutions to at times, complicated problems in a timely manner
- Possess a resourceful, adaptive and self-motivated aptitude
- Works collaboratively with a multitude of internal stakeholders to deliver the overall targets and goals
- Works under the general guidance of National/Divisional guidelines & standards and Government legislation/regulations, but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks
- Works with private and confidential material and utilizes judgment in determining what services the individual requires and in making referrals to community partners
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval
- Facilitates and enhances team efforts on a professional level; shares specialized knowledge, sources, experience, concepts, and skills
- Utilizing supportive management techniques to recruit, hire, train, supervise and discipline support staff
- Takes initiative to keep abreast of changing circumstances and recommends changes to conform with VLRA operating processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Drive to learn various adaptive technologies, software, consumer products and low vision devices.
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to coordinate and work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals and to work independently
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of community resources related to people with disabilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience working in the field of blindness
- Knowledge of various provincial/federal government and private funding sources
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures (e.g. purchase orders), inventory management, and software programs
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Windows software applications. Proficiency in Excel required.
Experience and Education:
- 3 years of related work experience
- Undergraduate degree in rehabilitation, social work or vocational rehabilitation. Equivalencies will be considered.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Valid drivers' licence and ability to travel locally and provincially
• Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your cover letter & resume, please contact Simon.Weeks@cnib.ca
Please mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.