The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Experienced writing and editing of a range of original stewardship communication materialssuch as donor impact reports, donor profile articles, websites, brochures, etc.
- Develops and presenting creative concepts and copy decks to internal clients.
- Ensures all marketing materials reflect CNIB’s brand voice and related standards.
- Keeps abreast of all new media, marketing and communications industry trends.
- Provides team support in specific administrative functions as required/assigned. This may include aspectsof print production, scheduling, copy checking and proof approvals.
- Undertakes and complete any special or specific content creation projects relating to the CNIB Stewardship Program.
- Collaborating with members of the Communication group to conceptualize and deliver creative materials, prioritize requests and identify capacity issues.
- Liaising and building relationships with internal clients across all functional areas of CNIB, as well as senior volunteers and external contacts as required.
- Participating in committees and team meetings as required.
- Providing strategic and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Managing many projects simultaneously, while still meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the marketing communications function to deliver on team targets and goals.
- Making decisions on routine tasks as required.
- Consulting with supervisor on issues that are more complex or that may require upper-level approval.
- Taking initiative to keep abreast of the latest trends and practices, and recommending enhancements to CNIB strategy, operations and/or administrative processes.
- Facilitating and enhancing team efforts on a professional level and sharing specialized knowledge, sources, experience, concepts and skills.
- Taking initiative and working collaboratively with other departments to deliver high-quality work.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent conceptual and creative thinking skills.
- Proven ability to produce compelling copy for a range of marketing vehicles.
- Proven ability to understand complex content, translate it into easy-to-read copy and dramatize relevant facts.
- Experience in grant writing for charity/not for profit sector.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external organization stakeholders.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary graduate in print journalism, English, professional writing, communications or marketing/advertising.
- Strong team player.
- Self-starter with strong written communication skills.
- Outstanding grammar and spelling skills.
- Minimum of three years of related experience.
- Membership in the Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is an asset.
- Experience in writing direct response marketing materials an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate periods of significant pressure; extended working hours as appropriate.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.