• Researches and resolves problems related to computer hardware, software, printing and networking as assigned by the Service Desk.
• Images new computers for deployment to staff and assist with the setup and configuration of new hardware.
• Assists with the rollout of smartphones and mobile technology to staff.
• Integrates computers with the standard core applications (Office365) and adaptive software.
• Upgrades computer hardware, applications and adaptive software, as required.
• Provides general technical expertise in the use of desktop computers, office productivity applications and Internet/Web technologies.
• Performs in-house repairs when possible.
• Provides desktop support via phone and remote software (i.e. TeamViewer) for local and regional offices.
• Works with other technical teams as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Supporting Windows 10 Pro and/or MacOS in an enterprise environment.
• Supporting Microsoft Office productivity applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) and Office 365 applications (OneDrive, Teams, Skype, SharePoint).
• Setting up, deploying and supporting desktop, mobile and cellular devices (HP, Apple, iPhone, iPad)
• Knowledge in the fundamentals of Adaptive Technologies such as Screen Readers and Magnification.
• Imaging software, i.e., Symantec Ghost, Acronis
• General understanding of distributed client/server environments.
• Basic knowledge in networking, VPN and WAN technologies.
• Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, teamwork and change management skills.
• An understanding of general Business processes.
• An independent, proactive and organized individual with an interest in learning new technology and concepts and the ability to work in a team as required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work well under timelines is a necessity.
Experience and Education:
• Post-secondary degree with specialty in Computer Science preferred or equivalent acceptable to CNIB.
• Minimum High School Diploma required.
• Minimum two years work experience in Information Services and providing desktop support in a similar environment.
• Knowledge of supporting adaptive technologies, specifically JAWS and Zoomtext is an asset.
• Good understanding of distributed client/server environments, as well as in networking, VPN and WAN, wireless and Internet technologies.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English. Fluency in French is a definite asset.
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• Shift work required on a shared basis to provide coverage 7:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
• Occasional travel may be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.