Client Support Service Responsibilities
- Acts as an information resource to individuals by addressing their needs at CNIB or in the community
- Informs clients of concessions when appropriate. Coordinates library access when necessary
- Refers and connects individuals to external community agencies and internal services as required
- Provides advocacy support services to individuals at CNIB or in the community
- Represents VLRO at local community meetings and events as appropriate
- Performs administrative duties, including, but not limited to, service tracking, general office tasks and overall office management
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proficient level of knowledge in the EVRR program (or similar scheduling/electronic medical records program).
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with vision loss.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient level of communication in both French and English is required
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to enter data accurately.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of eye conditions and blindness prevention would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the psychosocial impact of vision loss would be an asset.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum post-secondary education in a rehabilitation or social services field.
- 2-3 years working experience within an administrative function.
- Proficient typing/keyboarding and computer skills.
- 2-4 years of experience dealing with individuals with a disability in a rehabilitation or community support setting
- Demonstrated mature and sensitive nature, possessing emotional and social stability when dealing with the needs of persons with a disability.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when required
- Travel will be required
- Willingness to accept out-of-town assignments when required
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team environment
Closing Date for Applications: November 21, 2018
Please Send the Application To: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume and mention how you learned of this position.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.